Elizabethtown Area School District will hold its annual Kindergarten RegistrationFeb 4th, 2010 | By Troy Portser | Category: Events, Lead 2, News
Elizabethtown Area School District will hold its annual Kindergarten Registration Week Monday, March 1 through Friday, March 5 for children who will be five (5) years of age before Sept. 1, 2010. Registration is by appointment only. Please note, prospective kindergartners will need to attend the appointment as he/she will need to take a short thirty minute assessment that will help the district better serve your child when he/she enters kindergarten.
The district’s Student Registration Office handles all matters related to kindergarten registration and is located in the lower level of Elizabethtown Area Middle School (600 East High Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022). Visitors to the office should enter through the Greater Elizabethtown Area Recreation Services (GEARS) main entrance. The 2010 kindergarten registration schedule is as follows:
* Monday, March 1 at EASD Student Registration Office from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
* Tuesday, March 2 at EASD Student Registration Office from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
* Wednesday, March 3 at EASD Registration Office from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
* Thursday, March 4 at EASD Registration Office from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
* Friday, March 5 at EASD Registration Office from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Parents are asked to bring their child’s birth certificate, social security card, and immunization records at the time of registration. Parents also need to provide proof of residency and any applicable child custody papers. Please be aware the district cannot proceed with the registration process unless all of the above documents are presented. Immunization requirements (new requirements for the 2010-2011 school year) as stipulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for students entering kindergarten are as follow:
* 4 doses of tetanus
* 4 doses of diphtheria (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
* 3 doses of polio
* 2 doses of measles
* 2 doses of mumps
* 1 dose of rubella (German measles)
* 3 doses of hepatitis B
* 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
During kindergarten registration week, the school nurse will be available to discuss any health concerns related to the incoming kindergarten student. Pre-completed registration forms will expedite the registration visit. To obtain a registration form or to schedule a registration appointment, contact Gayle Navratil, enrollment technician, by phone at (717) 361-4893 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.